Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Advice for the Atlantic

Yesterday in class we discussed various ways The Atlantic could revamp their multi-media component to their website to gain more viewers. Colin stated that when he reads an article he wants closure/follow-up not more information. I responded by saying that the journalist should post a weekly vlog on The Atlantic's website. We then looked at the hideous vloggers that were good citizen journalist, but bad on camera. I think my idea was misinterpreted. I was thinking more of a webinar structure. This is when the journalist is vlogging live (in appealing lighting and clothing) while viewers are able to type in questions to the journalist and he/she can respond live. It would be similar to a letter to the editor section but with a faster response. Also it would be weekly component to the website with hype throughout the week to gain more viewers. Here is the description from Wikipedia of what I am trying to explain. Sorry for the confusion.

1 comment:

Caroline Blogs said...

That's a really interesting idea!

I like comparing it to a "Letters to the Editor" segment. I think that's a good analogue for the type journalism it's most like.